Voted 38th Best Company to Work For in the UK, Lindum Group currently employs 600 staff, based on our sites and in our offices in Lincoln, Peterborough and York. We provide a range of construction services from new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects to construction-related services such as plant hire, security, roofing and waste recycling.
An opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our existing team. The successful candidate must have good communication and influencing skills. You will have the ability to work using your own initiative as well as within a strong team environment. A background in the construction industry and auditing experience is desirable.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience in a safety advisory role (Essential)
- Experience in the construction industry (Essential)
- NEBOSH (Essential)
- COSHH (Desirable/understanding)
- Experience in handling and carrying out incident investigations
- Liaising with external consultants
- Ability to give sound competent advice to site managers.
Skills and attributes
- Provide accurate and timely advice to managers and employees
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to produce effective and compliant risk assessments
- Professional approach to all aspects of work
- Ability to persuade and influence to modify behaviours
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing situations
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Problem solver
- Good IT skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance skills
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- Confidential at all times
This position is full time (8.00am until 5.00pm) and salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and provide further training and development.