Newly Weds Foods
Newly Weds Foods Acquisition Ltd
This project involved the design and construction of a new 3000 pallet space warehouse on the existing food production site in Ossett for Newly Weds Foods.
A summary of the works briefly included:
- Relocation of 60,000 tonne of spoil to facilitate the building
- New portal framed building constructed on traditional pad foundations
- A perimeter precast concrete wall with horizontal Kingspan cladding wall panels.
- Built Up roof cladding complete with 10 to 15% rooflights and high level composite vertical wall cladding.
- The building had a concrete floor with added treatment for hardness and durability.
- Six loading docks were formed with two closed off unfinished for future expansion.
- The building is unheated so the services incorporated were lighting, fire alarm and small power. Access control and data points were wired by our client's direct supplier.
- A small office and welfare area were also incorporated within the building
- External turning areas for articulated vehicle movement.
Quote from Chris Swain, Newly Weds Foods to Steve Neale, Plant Manager at Newly Weds Foods, Ossett:
"Largely through your efforts and the quality execution of the work by the Lindum Group, I can finally say I have been able to complete a project that meets the planned scope of work, on time and, as importantly, within the budget! I really appreciate your major contribution to this project. Please pass my thanks onto Chris Conroy at Lindum Group."