Lindum BMS is the Group’s Building Maintenance Services division, specialising in construction projects in the Lincoln and extended East Midlands region, as well as planned or reactive minor works and maintenance jobs. We have a variety of clients in a range of sectors, including affordable housing, food, retail, education, commercial, industrial and health. Lindum is a well-established local construction company with long standing client relationships demonstrated by the fact that most of the projects we deliver are procured via direct negotiation with existing clients.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to enhance the team, an opportunity for a candidate to assist various teams with general administrative tasks.
Responsibilities will include
- Answering telephone calls – dealing with enquiries, transferring calls, taking detailed messages and signposting to the appropriate person as required.
- Using our in house computer system – generate tender numbers, create job tickets, and update the tender list.
- Drawings – save to contract file, upload to D2D our document management programme and issue to site contracts manager and clients / subcontractors as required.
- Using MS Word to create quotes and other – type quotes and any other general communications.
- Photos – upload digital images to job folders as requested.
- Folders / Printing – compile new tender folders on the main computer system and carry out general printing of Risk and Method Statements etc.
- Provide general support as part of the administrative team to cover training, holidays and sickness etc as and when required.
- Subcontract Payments – process invoices in from subcontractors, distribute to relevant Quantity Surveyors for signing off, input information on to payment system and liaise with accounts department as required. Deal with incoming calls / email queries from subcontractors regarding payments.
- Site Health and Safety Packs – compile site pack information as requested by Contracts Managers, ensuring site managers are provided with all health and safety information required for the project.
- O&M Manuals – compile the operating and maintenance manuals for each project. Liaise with site team for specific requirements. Contact subcontractors and suppliers to request information required and chase as appropriate, ensuring manuals are completed ready for site handover.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, with the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with people on all levels.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but also have the initiative and motivation to compete tasks individually.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and complete tasks within deadlines – with a constantly changing workload.
- Excellent time keeping and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask, ensuring all tasks are completed on time and correctly.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in an organised manner and be helpfull.
- To be polite, with a customer focused attitude.
- Maths and English: Grade 4 and above is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is essential
- Business Administrative NVQ qualification is desirable
What We Can Offer
Lindum Group can offer a competitive salary plus benefits including pension, profit related pay employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
This position is full time (8.30am until 5.00pm or 08:00 am to 16:30pm) and based at our Lincoln Office in North Hykeham.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients