Our Lindum Plant division is one of the county’s leading specialists providing a one-stop shop for plant and small tool hire, equipment and vehicle servicing, MOT testing and vehicle repairs. With a growing Excavation and Civils team.
An opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Lindum Plant team as a Business Administrator Apprenticeship at our Lindum Business Park in North Hykeham. The role involves providing a variety of support within the busy Lindum Workshop, Plant hire and Excavations offices.
The Apprentice will need to have Level 2 Maths and English (GCSE at Grade 4/C or above or equivalent) or be prepared to attend a block study period for Maths and English. This is a stand alone apprenticeship with ongoing support from an assessor every four weeks. There is a requirement for an average of 6 hours per week off the job training, this is included within the apprentice’s working week. The apprenticeship is work based with a duration time of 21 months including an End Point Assessment. This apprenticeship is a Course Level 3.
Key duties include:
- Maintaining accurate customer records and collating information for job cards
- Data inputting whilst taking phone calls from our clients.
- Producing reports and information for our customers
- Customer Invoicing and producing information for our clients.
- Reception duties including greeting and dealing with incoming customer enquiries and visitors.
- Answering telephone calls and confirming bookings.
- Providing performance information for our external clients and helping to administer our large internal and external fleets.
What we are looking for
- Great ability to communicate well.
- Candidates must have administrative experience.
- Professional and customer focused attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Ability to organise your own workload and able to remain flexible in a fast paced and busy office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and generally IT literate, although training on our bespoke systems will be provided.
- Capability to learn the important aspects of our business.
Above all, the right skills and attitude are what we are looking for.
What we can offer
The role is Monday to Friday (08:00 am – 17:00 pm) and is based at our Head Office at Lindum Business Park on Station Road, North Hykeham.
Salary will be Apprentice Rate- £5.28 per hour with 6 monthly reviews. Benefits include Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, share scheme, employee share scheme, on-site parking and opportunities for further training and development.