Our Lindum York division focuses on a variety of new build and refurbishment projects in the York and extended Yorkshire region. Our business operates by understanding and building great client relationships with customers, getting to know them and their requirements, this has lead to a large number of loyal clients across a variety of sectors.
Introduction to the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Construction Administrator to join our existing team working within Lindum York, based at our office at Lindum Business Park in Elvington.
‘The difference is our people’ and above all we are seeking someone with the right skills and attitude’.
Responsibilities will include:
The Construction Administrator will be fully responsible for the supporting the delivery of construction projects. Responsibilities include:
- Uploading drawings and distributing to the project team, consultants and the supply chain as required.
- Distribution of incoming information, collating reports and reporting information.
- Supporting the delivery team with the filing and archiving of information.
- Dealing with incoming emails and telephone calls, answering enquiries and taking messages as required.
- Preparing project completion documents including O&M (Operation and Maintenance) Manuals and Homeowner Packs for building owners
- Supporting the administration team with various other duties
- Greeting visitors and preparing for meetings
- Taking notes and meeting minutes
- Providing cover within the team as required
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel;
- The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, provide an innovative and proactive approach to problem solving whilst being able to plan effectively to ensure deadlines are met;
- Administrative experience is essential;
- Experience in construction, design or planning and/or knowledge of building processes and jargon and would be an advantage although not essential;
- Training on our systems and software will be provided but you must be IT literate with good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- You must have strong communication skills and be able to work effectively with team members and colleagues within project teams.
- The role involves direct contact with clients, architects, subcontractors and others in the supply chain so you must be friendly, professional and able to develop good relationships.
- You must be able to work flexibly under pressure, multitask to meet deadlines and proactively self-manage a variable workload for several projects at once
- The role requires attention to detail, to ensure documents are accurate and well presented
- We are seeking a candidate who is confident working without supervision and can use their initiative to ‘get things done’.
What We Can Offer:
The role is full time (0800 – 1700) Monday to Friday. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients.
Lindum Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates. To apply, please complete the application form below and attach your CV with a covering letter.