Based at our regional office at Lindum Business Park on Newark Road, our Lindum Peterborough division undertakes a variety of new build and refurbishment projects in the region, as well as planned and reactive maintenance for a range of clients in the region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to deliver a competitive and accurate tendering function for projects up to £6m.
- Candidates must have a building background with extensive knowledge of all aspects of refurbishment and new build construction across numerous sectors
- Traditional and Design & Build tenders
- Appraising tender documents, preparing sub-contract and material enquiries
- Producing detailed and measured bills of quantities
- Risk and value management
- Preparation of budgets, estimates and cost plans
- Internal tender adjudications and external client presentations
- Have a good understanding of current CDM 2015 Health and Safety requirements, modern methods of construction and contractual awareness
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- Experience using specialist estimating software packages
- A High Education qualification (HNC, Diploma, Degree) in a construction-related subject would be an advantage
The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, provide an innovative and proactive approach to problem solving whilst being able to plan effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
The role is full-time and salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.