Based at our regional office in the village of Elvington, our Lindum York division focuses on new build and refurbishment construction contracts as well as planned and reactive maintenance works in the Yorkshire region. We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Estimator to join our existing team.
Candidates must have a building background with extensive knowledge of all aspects of refurbishment and new build construction in a variety of sectors. The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, provide an innovative and proactive approach to problem solving whilst being able to plan effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling multiple refurbishment and new build projects up to £5m, traditional and Design & Build tenders, utilising specialist estimating software packages. Having the ability and experience to work independently to produce accurate and competitive tenders
- Appraising tender documents, preparing sub-contract and material enquiries
- Producing bills of quantities
- Risk and value management
- Preparation of budgets, estimates and cost plans
- Internal Tender adjudications and external client presentations.
- Have a good understanding of current CDM 2015 Health and Safety requirements, modern methods of construction and contractual awareness
The role is full-time and salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.