An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our existing team, which currently consists of our Health and Safety Manager, five experienced Advisors and an Administrator who together look after all health, safety, environmental and quality matters for all 12 Lindum Group Divisions.
The role is based at our Peterborough Office, supporting our build teams and working closely with our Site Managers and Contracts Managers to deal with routine safety matters as well working together to resolves issues and overcome challenges, offering sound advice and practical solutions at both pre-construction and build stage. The role also involves carrying out safety inspections and incident investigations, attending site meetings, producing reports and assisting with audits.
What we’re looking For
- You must have at least 5 years’ experience as a safety advisor.
- A NEBOSH qualification is essential, as well as a full driving licence as the role involves regular travel to construction sites and our other offices.
- Construction site experience is essential, with sound knowledge of COSHH and CDM Regulations.
- Roofing industry experience and auditing experience would be an advantage.
Above all, we are seeking someone with the right skills and attitude to join the team.
- You will liaise with a range of colleagues, external consultants and subcontractors, so must have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- You must be confident dealing with everyday safety matters as well as flexible in calmly reacting to unexpected issues.
- You must be self-driven and able to manage your own varied workload and also remain in regular contact with the Safety Team to ensure all Team Members remain up-to-date and informed.
What We Can Offer
This position is full time (8.00am until 5.00pm) and based at our Peterborough Office, with regular construction site visits, usually within a 60 minute radius of Peterborough.
Lindum Group can offer a competitive salary plus benefits including pension, profit related pay, company car or car allowance, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients. We take pride in our culture and working environment and have been consistently ranked one of the UK’s top companies to work, as voted by our employees.
To apply, please complete the applications form below and attach your CV, or email [email protected].