Our Health and Safety Team look after all health, safety, environmental and accreditations for all 12 Lindum Group Divisions in Lincoln, Peterborough and York.
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Facilitator to enhance the team, an opportunity for a candidate with experience of health and safety management systems. This should ideally include the following: CHAS, Construction Line, Safe Contractor or ISO.
The role is largely office-based at our North Hykeham main office, but you will also have the opportunity to visit construction sites. You will be mentored by our experienced safety professionals, who deal with all routine health and safety matters as well as more reactive matters that arise. We are a busy, close knit team that continually shares experience, ideas and best practice.
Responsibilities will include implementing and monitoring new systems, producing information for safety reports, scheduling training programmes, reviewing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current rules and regulations and communicating and relaying information to our construction teams and within the Safety Team. You will also assist with collating evidence for projects, bids and audits for various accreditations and uploading onto online portals.
What we’re looking for
- You must have knowledge of health and safety or quality systems. Experience in the building and construction industry would be an advantage although not essential as full training will be provided.
- Internal audit experience is essential and knowledge of management systems such as OSHAS 18001 or ISO 45001.
- You will need to be proactive and self-driven, keen to learn and able to seek out information
- Audits and submissions are deadline-led so you must be able to manage and prioritise your workload.
- You must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude with a genuine interest in construction.
- Strong communication skills are essential, with confidence to communicate with a range of colleagues and external contacts such as architects, subcontractors and clients.
- It is essential that you are IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel).
- Creating and maintaining documents is a significant part of the role, so you must have a keen eye for detail and take pride in producing work that is accurate and well-presented.
What We Can Offer
This position is full time (8.00am until 5.00pm) and based at our Lincoln Office, with some construction site visits. A full driving licence is essential.
Lindum Group can offer a competitive salary plus benefits including pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients
To apply, please complete the application form below and attach your CV, or email [email protected].