Lindum BMS is the Group’s Building Maintenance Services division, specializing in construction projects in the Lincoln and extended East Midlands region, as well as planned and reactive minor works and maintenance jobs. We have a variety of clients in a range of sectors, including affordable housing, food, retail, education, commercial, industrial and health. Lindum is a well-established local construction company with long-standing client relationships demonstrated by the fact that most of the projects we deliver being procured via direct negotiation with existing clients.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Contracts Manager to join the Lindum BMS team within a successful and expanding Maintenance Department.
The candidate will help to distribute, programme, plan and manage daily repairs and minor works instructions for a range of clients.
Responsibilities will include managing direct labour and sub-contractors to successfully attend and carry out effective day to day property maintenance repairs. Liaise & communicate well with clients, update software systems to accurately track & log calls, visit sites and meet regularly with key clients to view maintenance / minor works schemes, produce H&S documentation such as Risk Assessments and price small projects and planned maintenance works.
- Have previous experience with a strong building background and knowledge of construction & repair techniques in a variety of sectors, focusing mainly on minor refurbishment works, repairs and property maintenance
- Be able to accurately price reactive maintenance, minor adaptations and refurbishments projects from a schedule of rates or on a LPM (Labour Plant Material) basis
- Have excellent organisational skills to be able to successfully, plan, programme and organise Labour, material and subcontractor on multiple live projects
- Have good knowledge of construction methods and current industry standards for compliance and the ability to work with clients to explain and develop schemes
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be friendly and professional at all times, as the role involves regular contact with a variety of clients and colleagues
- Full UK driving licence is essential
What we can offer
The position is full time (45 hours per week). Hours of work are 7.30am to 5.00pm. Occasional overtime may also be required. Lindum Group can offer a competitive package with benefits including company vehicle, mobile phone, pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
We understand some candidates will not have current experience of some of the essential requirements described. Training and mentoring will be provided in house, in specific areas required to develop skills necessary to fulfil the role, although a good base knowledge of construction and management would be essential.