We are currently seeking a Technical Trainee based at our regional office in the village of Elvington, York. Lindum York focuses on projects within the city and extended Yorkshire region. Our business operates by understanding and building relationships with customers, getting to know properly what they need, and caring for them leading to a large number of loyal clients across a variety of sectors.
Our structured two-year programme will enable you to receive on-the-job training from our experienced staff in a variety of areas including Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Buying, Design Co-ordination, Health and Safety Management and Site Management.
The role would suit an individual looking to start or develop their career in a technical role in the construction industry. It would also suit an individual who is currently working towards or has previously completed a construction-related Level 3 BTEC, HNC or Degree qualification with the opportunity to build on the knowledge already gained. This is an entry-level role so no specific work experience is required, however any previous employment or voluntary work experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
The right skills are what we are looking for, with a bespoke development plan that will be tailored to suit the successful candidate’s level of knowledge and experience.
The role also offers the opportunity to attend training courses and other personal and professional development opportunities. You will be allocated a personal mentor to support your learning and progression with the potential opportunity to specialise in your chosen field at the end of the two-year training period.
· Have GCSE Maths and English Language Grade A* – C / Level 9 – 4 (or equivalent)
· Be IT literate and proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel
· Be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and develop
· Be punctual, reliable and well-presented
· Have strong attention to detail and organisational skills
· Be able to work minimal instruction but confident to ask for guidance when needed
· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good relationships with colleagues, clients and the supply chain
· Must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
· A current driving licence or currently working towards full licence is preferred
The role is full-time, Monday to Friday. Working hours are 8.00am – 5.00pm, although some flexibility is required. We are looking for someone who can contribute to the success of Lindum and in return we can offer a competitive package, with benefits including company pension, profit-related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for personal development and progression.
To apply, please complete the application form below and attached your CV or email [email protected]