Lindum Plant provides servicing, maintenance and repair, fault diagnosis, MOT preparation and safety inspections for a whole range of vehicles; cars, vans. We are also a supplier to the emergency services.
An opportunity has arisen for a Working Foreman to join our Lindum Plant team in Peterborough, based at our well-equipped workshop on Lindum Business Park on Newark Road (PE1 5TF).
About the Opportunity
The role involves efficient day-to-day running of the workshop, allocation of work, managing workflow of jobs, coordinating bookings, keeping customers updated on progress and status of works, parts ordering, job cards, invoicing, estimates and quotations, small tool hire and maintenance.
The current vacancy offers an exciting opportunity to grow and shape this part of the business and really take ownership of a key role within Lindum Plant. At present, the role has one direct technician report with plans to expand the team in the future.
· Sound technical knowledge and experience with cars and light commercial vehicles.
· NVQ Level 3 / City & Guilds qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
· A current VOSA MOT Testing qualification
· Full driving licence as the role involves driving company vehicles and as well as customers’.
· Supervisory experience would be preferred. However, this is not essential and the role would also suit a skilled technician with the right character to take on a new challenge and progress their career.
· Above all, the right attitude is key and we are looking for someone who is driven and determined, is capable of motivating and supporting team members, and has a customer focussed and ‘right first time’ approach.
Terms and Benefits
We can offer a competitive salary and benefits including pension, profit related pay, share scheme, accident and life cover, employee discounts as well as opportunities for further training, development and progression.
Normal working hours are 47 ½ hours per week (7.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday with half an hour for lunch), with occasional overtime.
To apply, please complete the application form below and attach your CV. For more information about Lindum Plant, please visit www.lindumplantwaste.co.uk or search for @LindumPlant on Twitter or Instagram.