Based at our regional office at Lindum Business Park on Newark Road, our Lindum Peterborough division undertakes a variety of new build and refurbishment projects in the region, as well as planned and reactive maintenance for a range of clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a Working Foreman to join our busy minor works team, responsible for directly supervising minor construction projects such as small extensions, internal and external refurbishment works, re-roofs, drainage, civils and tarmac projects up to the value of £200k.
Main Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for managing both directly employed site staff and subcontractors
- Planning and programming all site activities
- Coordinating labour
- Working closely with the contract teams
- Ensuring work is completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- Maintenance of company required Health & Safety procedures / initiatives including PPE, Site Inductions, Management of Method Statements/Risk Assessments, Work Permits, Scaffold/Lifting equipment inspections
- Adherence to the Company quality standards including Management of defects, compliance with specification, compliance with materials / workmanship schedules, subcontractor code of conduct, considerate Constructors Scheme
- Coordination / Leadership of the site team
- To be responsible for the opening / closing and management of the site facilities
- To assist in the management of project specific preliminaries
- Safe storage and co-ordination of materials
- To be responsible for the accurate / timely completion of site based documentation
- Attendance at project and company related meetings
Experience of: –
- Working Foreman on minor construction projects
- Trade experience, in some or all areas of bricklaying, carpentry, groundworks and a good understanding of all construction trades and techniques to ensure work is completed to a high standard
- Ability to manage a site team and on-site labour
- Managing a workload, organize and coordinate works according to a programme and construction drawings
- Ability to work to the Group’s quality and safety standards.
- SMSTS or SSSTS
- First Aid at Work
- CSCS Card
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- Basic Scaffold Inspection
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills
- Able to plan all aspects of construction operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction processes
- Strong interpersonal, leadership
- People management skills.
Whilst supervisory experience is preferred, applications will also be accepted from experienced tradespeople with the right skills, who are looking to take the next step in their career into a supervisory role.
Terms and Conditions
The position is full time (45 hours per week). Hours of work are 7.30am to 5.00pm. Occasional overtime may also be required.
Lindum Group can offer a competitive package with benefits including company vehicle, mobile phone, Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
To apply, please complete our online application form below or email your details to [email protected]