Lindum is proud to have Long Clawson Dairy amongst its repeat clients.
The award winning, traditional British Cheese producer based in the small village of Long Clawson in Leicestershire has been a farming co-operative since its formation in 1911 – helping to support local farms for over 100 years. 58 million litres of milk is supplied to the dairy every year from 43 farms in the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas.
The range of construction work Lindum has carried out for Long Clawson Dairy to date includes the following, over 3 phases:
Phase 1 involved the demolition of existing maintenance warehouse and erection of 2 storey steel framed building with brick piers and clad walls and roof. The ground floor cheese production facility included a vat room, with the first floor housing staff changing rooms, toilets and new canteen with kitchen facilities.
Phase 2 consisted of an extension to include a vat room, cheese storage facility, hastener and white rooms and upgrade of plant in the roof void above. Also, refurbishment of offices and laboratory areas in the Research and Development section of the dairy were carried out.
Phase 3 works included the construction of a new loading dock to the despatch building and new maintenance access across the paddock along with a new extension to house an additional hastener room, vat room, cheese storage and trolley wash with a loading dock and large external plant area.