Introduction to the Lindum Division
Lindum Joinery offers a comprehensive service, from advice, design and manufacture through to installation, for residential, educational and commercial clients with extensive expertise in heritage and restoration work, along with sliding sash windows as a speciality.
Introduction to the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Carpenter/Bench Joiner to join our existing team in Lincoln working within Lindum Joinery. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in bench joinery. As a manufacturing facility we specialise in traditional bespoke joinery and heritage work. This work includes manufacturing reception desks and counters, making shopfronts and various window types including Yorkshire sliding windows and box sliding sash windows. A good knowledge of ironmongery, glazing systems and paints is essential. – Lindum Joinery supports the Lindum group in some of its most high-profile projects across the city and further afield with bespoke quality joinery products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Making and finishing wood items, general duties include bench work and site work as required
- Proficient in the use of machines in the workshop and hand tools
- Assemble bespoke products as required
- To create beautifully crafted bespoke products, structures, furniture’s and finishes to historic buildings
- Work on both internal and external contracts as and when they arise, by instruction of appointed persons as appropriate
- Complete time sheets for the hours worked each day and return to the Manager or Supervisor for verification each week
- Good communication skills
- Carry our reasonable additional duties as and when required
- Ensure that the appropriate safety equipment is worn at all times in the designated areas
What we’re looking for
- Previous Bench Joinery experience
- A general knowledge of health and safety
- A strong understanding of carpentry techniques and materials
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work off own initiative as well as being able to work as part of a team
- Provide innovative and proactive approach to problem solving
- Effectively communicate with all levels
- Be organised and prioritise workload
- Possess a strong sense of achievement
- Be reliable, punctual and responsible
The successful candidate must have high attention to detail, provide an innovative and proactive approach to problem solving whilst being able to plan effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
What We Can Offer
The role is full time (07:00 am to 16:30 pm ) Monday to Thursday, (07:00am to 15:30pm) Friday. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable company with a commitment to excellence and a focus on employee development. If you are a skilled Carpenter/Bench Joiner looking for a new challenge, please submit your CV and cover letter today.