Lindum Homes is the Group’s market house building division with a well-established and skilled workforce; producing high end, modern homes in Lincoln and wider Lincolnshire area. We have earned a reputation for quality, individuality and attention to customer service.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Assistant to join our team. The job will provide a key supporting role within the Division, working closely with the Quantity Surveyor and the Buyer as an integral part of the division’s commercial team.
Key duties will include:
- Placing orders with suppliers as directed by the Buyer, including all site and office consumables and welfare ordering;
- Processing payments to sub contractors as directed by the Quantity Surveyor;
- Liaising with sub contractors, including the provision of Notice to Commence letters, as directed by the Quantity Surveyor, Buyer or Contracts Manager;
- Administering timesheets, including brick, block and joinery price work logging, verification and monitoring;
- Commercial input into all Divisional processes;
- General office duties as required.
What we are looking for
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Good communicator, methodical and conscientious.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software package (particularly Excel).
- Experience with ERP/accounting software a benefit (albeit not essential as training is given).
What we can offer
The position is full time. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill level and qualifications. Benefits include Group Personal Pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and opportunities for further training, development and progression.
To apply, please complete the application form below or send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]