Lindum Group is a family run business operating as a successful construction company since 1956. We provide a range of construction services from new build, refurbishment, and maintenance projects to construction-related services such as plant hire, security, roofing, and waste recycling. We currently have over 600 direct employees on our sites, in our workshops and company offices in Lincoln, Peterborough and York.
We are currently seeking an experienced Site Manager to join the Peterborough team, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of construction sites in the region, usually within a 50 mile radius of Peterborough. We have a range of clients in a variety of sectors including affordable housing, food, retail, education, commercial, industrial and health.
Main responsibilities and roles include:
- Coordinating and clearly directing both directly employed site staff and contractors.
- Planning and programming all site activities and coordinating labour.
- Working closely with the Contracts/Project Manager to ensure work is progressing according to the programme with effective cost control.
- Promptly dealing with any issues and planning corrective actions.
- Proving regular updates, attending and leading progress meetings and subcontractor meetings.
- Maintaining the Group’s high quality and safety standards, working closely with our in-house Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
- Previous site management experience is essential; ideally housing, commercial and industrial jobs.
- You must be able to plan all aspects of construction operations and produce construction programmes. Comprehensive knowledge of construction processes and strong commercial awareness are required.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and people management skills are essential. You must be friendly and professional at all times when directly dealing with colleagues, contractors, clients, professionals and all others within the supply chain.
- An academic qualification (HNC, HND, Degree in a construction-related subject) would be an advantage.
- We are ideally seeking a candidate with in-date qualifications and training such as SMSTS, First Aid, Black Managers CSCS card, asbestos awareness, working at height, scaffold inspection.
- A full driving licence is essential.
The position is permanent and full time (45 hours per week, with willingness to be flexible). Lindum Group can offer a competitive package with benefits including company car or cash allowance, pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme, health and wellbeing initiatives, employee discounts, on-site parking, as well as ongoing personal and professional learning and development opportunities.
Why Lindum Group?
You’ll be joining a well-established, employee and family-owned company where ‘the difference is our people’ and the ‘best argument wins’. At Lindum everyone’s contribution is valued equally, and we take pride in our working environment, with colleagues developing new skills and unlocking their fullest potential every day.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete the application form below and attach your CV or send an email to [email protected]. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications, so if you are interested, please submit your application, or get in touch as soon as possible.
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably skilled and qualified applicants.